Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School Shopping for Supplies

Guest written by our friend Jan Petersen

I love to shop for back to school supplies for my grandchildren. My grandchildren are in elementary school which makes them very small. It is always a lot of fun to take them with me and watch them get excited about the new clothes I just bought them.

But before we can go shopping there are a few things I like to do. First thing I do is look through the Sunday paper for coupons and to see who has big back to school sales going on. I want to make sure I get the best for my grandchildren and save money for myself. Then I make sure I set my alarm system before I leave the house. After all, you cannot be to careful this day and time.

Now it is time for some serious shopping. We usually go to Walmart first. Even though my grandchildren are small, they still know all about style. And they know Walmart has kids clothes with plenty of style. I can also get their shoes and back to school supplies there.

Since everything they need is on sale now, I like to buy plenty to last them this time of year. Being in elementary school they need a lot of supplies. Paper, pencils, glue, pencil holders, and backpacks are just a few of the items they need.

No comments: